On the 17th and 19th March 2013, around 40,000 fundraisers will go from door to door accross Norway raising money towards the Lenten Campaign - one of Norway's largest door-to-door events.
If YOU are among them, then you must have lots of questions! Here are some quick facts and tips to help you on your way. Good luck!
- Remember to say thank you to everyone who donates, regardless of how much – or how little – they put in the box
- Make sure you go to every address on your list, so that everyone has a chance to donate. Every coin helps!
- Hand out information about other ways to donate to those who don’t have cash
- You can also give this information to those who do donate. That way they can sign the petition as well.
The NCA donations hotline (+47 22 09 27 00) is open all day until 10pm on the fundraising days 17th and 19th March.
What we do:
- Aid in emergencies: we save and protect lives in emergencies, such as the earthquake in Haiti
- Long-term development: such as drilling wells and supporting healthcare projects in poor countries
- Advocacy: we combat the root causes of poverty by influencing local and international authorities and companies.
Our integrated approach means that NCA is able to create real change for people in poor countries.
A future without poverty is possible – "together transform"!
Where does the money go?
The funds we raise are not earmarked specific projects, but rather are used to support all of Norwegian Church Aid’s work around the world. This way we can ensure that the money will be used where it is needed most.
Norwegian Church Aid uses its funds ethically, and in line with strict standards. A small percentage goes to administration costs – costs that are necessary is we are to ensure that the projects we support are of sound quality and that our funds are used in an accountable manner.
- 91% goes to our work abroad
- 5.3% goes to administration
- 3.6% goes to fundraising
Your help is important – as a fundraiser, you make a difference! Thank you!