Through key informant interviews (members of committees), review of meeting minutes and/or focus group discussions with community members ask questions about which activites are conducted to increase climate resilience, and assess which of these that are key. Use the list below of key activities for increasing climate resilience:
- Vulnerability and risk mapping have been conducted
- Applying standards for structural interventions (infrastructure, including houses are upgraded and climate resilient)
- Community task forces have been organized and have taken concrete steps to prepare for climate events.
- Food production is adapted to climate change
- Water source is protected
- Land and watersheds are managed sustainably (reforestation, recharging of water sources etc...)
Communities are electrified using renewable energy sources (might also include green camp management)
Consider also the effectiveness of such work (for example, if they established a warning system that reaches a small proportion of the local inhabitants only, such action cannot be considered as having sufficiently increased climate resilience for the community as such).