Session 11: Self-care for Care Providers
- Build an understanding of the various types of traumatic stress and how they impact you.
- Gain awareness of the signs of burnout and vicarious trauma.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to access resources, support for ourselves and practice self-care
- Understand how to utilize tools and methods for staff care and managing stress.
- Health care providers may be at risk of burnout or secondary trauma
- Health care providers should be aware of the potential signs of burnout and secondary trauma
- Self-care is an important way to prevent or manage burnout or secondary trauma
- Workplaces should support staff through staff care
Required supplies & materials
- Projector, laptop
- Pen and blank paper workbook for each participant
- Flip chart, post-it notes or small pieces of paper, tape